Ross Rifle Forum
September 24, 2017, 11:43:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: spent casings jamming Cadet  (Read 1747 times)
David Scott

View Profile Email
« on: April 14, 2015, 10:35:44 PM »

I am having a problem with a Ross Cadet that I recently acquired. Spent casings are very difficult to extract from the chamber. I have quite aggressively cleaned the rifle bore and the chamber with a brass brush and Hoppe’s 9 bore cleaner but have not seen much if any improvement. The bore has some pitting, evidence of past neglect but the gun is an accurate shooter. I was wondering if anyone has encountered and fixed this issue before?
RangeRover

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 08:40:24 AM »

I'm afraid I can't provide much information as it's not an issue I've had with my cadet. Is the issue ammunition-specific, or does the problem occur with different brands of ammunition?
David Scott

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 06:58:01 PM »

I have had a chance to further test the gun with different types of .22 ammunition. The difficult/stiff extraction occurs with all the .22LR ammunition I have tried but .22short cycles with ease.
280_Ross

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 12:55:14 PM »

Short chamber perhaps?

"In my opinion there is no such thing as a 'foolproof' firearm and therefore fools should leave them alone." C.C. Meredith referring to the Ross rifle.
David Scott

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 02:23:35 PM »

The Cadet chamber size is an interesting question. There is no markings on my Cadet specifying chamber size, not even an indication of .22 caliber. Can the 'Cadet experts' confirm that these guns were all chambered for .22LR?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: