Hello guys. Just received this cadet in the Canada Post delivery.
From the serial number I think it is a civilian target rifle. The stock says: 507316 (and D W M and a crown stamped under the pistol grip) as does the receiver but barrel is : 14949. Only issue I can see is a repaired crack in the stock. Seller believed the sling to be original. Also, the bolt handle is a simple cylinder, not a donut shaped handle.
1) would this be a replaced barrel ?
2) am I correct in thinking this is a civilian rifle?
3) is the leather sling correct to the era?
4) what date would this have been made?
5) whats up with a cylindrical bolt handle?