Ross Rifle Forum
July 28, 2017, 10:46:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Addition: 1912 Ross Cadet  (Read 1733 times)
Loyer

View Profile Email
« on: March 04, 2014, 04:47:00 PM »

Hello guys.  Just received this cadet in the Canada Post delivery.  
From the serial number I think it is a civilian target rifle.  The stock says: 507316 (and D W M and a crown stamped under the pistol grip) as does the receiver but barrel is : 14949.  Only issue I can see is a repaired crack in the stock. Seller believed the sling to be original. Also, the bolt handle is a simple cylinder, not a donut shaped handle.
1) would this be a replaced barrel ?
2) am I correct in thinking this is a civilian rifle?
3) is the leather sling correct to the era?
4) what date would this have been made?
5) whats up with a cylindrical bolt handle?

bottom rifle:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:07:35 PM by Loyer » Logged
martins8589

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 07:29:15 AM »

Oh you poor man. It looks worthless. Please send it too Australia for me. I would gladly relieve you of it. Smiley
Loyer

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:44:01 PM »

No one Huh
masonjs@nrtco.net

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 12:09:05 PM »

Hi:
I'm new to your site and new to the Ross .22 Cadet.  I didn't know this rifle even existed until I saw one for sale last week.  Sunday I became the proud owner of a 1912 Sporter.  The rifle has a 21.5" barrel, post front sight set in a dovetail, rear peep sight set in the breech cap, a steel butt plate with a brass trap door, Schnabel fore end, a diamond pattern of light checkering just ahead of the take down screw/sling swivel, no serial numbers any where on the wood or metal but does have ROSS RIFLE CANADA. 1912 stamped on the receiver with PATENTED stamped below CANADA  It shows no marks of ever having a longer stock.  The rifle shoots well.  With the cold and glare coming off the snow how accurately it shoots will have to wait for another day.  I got a 2nd bolt  that appears complete.  The seller told me it fit the rifle but I can't get it in.  It stops just as the bolt face touches the ejector.  I bought it as a companion to a Cooey model 82 and a BSA #12.  looks like it will be a lot of fun to play with.  Now I'll have to go a find a trainer model and a 303 Ross.
I'll try to get some photos up as soon as I can figure this site out.
Jim
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »

Here are the photos of Jim's Cadet rifle"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: